Thames Anglers' Conservancy Members Forum
TAC Members-Only Forum
If you have arrived here and not yet signed up as a member, then please first join at using your real name.

Forum Membership is with Real Names only.
Please create a Username that is your First Name and Surname eg. "Joe Bloggs"
(This will save our Admin team the need to contact you about changing it)

Thames Anglers' Conservancy Members Forum
HomeHome  TAC Home PageTAC Home Page  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Display results as :
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Eel Trap Results 2017
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:43 pm by David Harvey

» Riverfly Training ~ Hogsmill ~ 30th Sept 2017
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:56 am by Ed Randall

» Monster fatberg in Whitechapel
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:40 pm by Ed Randall

» Radio 4 ~ Macquarie: The Tale of the River Bank
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm by Ed Randall

» Thames TideFest 10th September 2017
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am by John LeSurf

» Invitation to the 2017 Eel Forum ~ 17th October
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 am by Ed Randall

» Do you recognise any of these men?
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 pm by Ed Randall

» Roads closed everywhere ~ July 29th/30th ~ bike race
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:17 am by Ed Randall

» Better access to free Thames fishing in Reading
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:08 am by Ed Randall

» Eel screens on Water Works intakes
Tue May 23, 2017 10:26 pm by Julian Jones

» River Thames Conditions - Quick Dial Numbers
Sun May 21, 2017 10:00 am by Ed Randall

» Ap[ril showers? If only! Drought beckons...
Thu May 04, 2017 6:56 pm by Ed Randall

» Abbey river this Saturday (12/5/2012)
Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:41 pm by Ed Randall

» Molesey Eel Monitoring Training ~ 29th April 2017
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 am by David Harvey

» Thames Water fined a record £20m for River Thames pollution
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:54 pm by Stephen Bond

» Crane Riverfly Training ~ May 6th 2017
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:08 am by Ed Randall

» TAC visit to Tideway Tunnel Exhibition in Parliament
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:32 am by John LeSurf

» "Citizen Crane" project - sampling dates
Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:24 pm by Ed Randall

» Egham & Stains bankside enhancement followed by brewery trip
Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:27 pm by Ed Randall

» SE Rivers Trust needs help on Hogsmill
Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:23 pm by Ed Randall

» Crane volunteering opportunities
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:38 pm by Ed Randall

» Seal (with enormous fish) in Thames near Richmond Lock
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:34 am by Ed Randall

» [Petition] to eradicate size and catch limits for pike to be taken and culled
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:27 am by Ed Randall

» *Thames Tunnel (Tideway Tunnel)*
Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:42 pm by Ed Randall

» reels for sale
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 am by JeffHowe

» A new address for 2017 ~
Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:06 am by Admin

» New users - Registration issues
Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:47 am by Ed Randall

» Shepperton river death - Van removed near Dockett Eddy Lane
Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:54 am by Ed Randall

» EA Pollution incidents: 2015 evidence summary
Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:04 am by David Harvey

» Ham & Petersham cleanup Saturday 19th Nov
Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:01 pm by Ed Randall

Angling Data View
River Levels
UK Map

Thames Tides

Share | 

 New Live fish Movement Scheme

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
David Harvey


Male Posts : 5379
Join date : 2010-01-21
Age : 102
Location : Surrey,

PostSubject: New Live fish Movement Scheme   Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:12 am

Defra introduced new regulations for the Keeping and Introduction of live fish in fisheries in England on the 19th January. These new regulations require fishery owners or managers to hold a permanent Site Permit, which sets out what species they can introduce and what non-native fish they can keep.

The Permits are issued and regulated by the Environment Agency. The new permits replace the previous "Section 30" consents that fish suppliers and fishery owners needed each time they moved fish.

Getting a Site Permit is very simple. Fishery owners or managers can apply for a permit by calling the Environment Agency on 01480 483 968.

However, the demand for these new permits has been very high. Far more applications for the new Site Permits have been received then under the old regulations. As a result, the Environment Agency has put extra staff in place and is working with fisheries to make sure those who need to stock their waters sooner are processed first. This may mean there is a delay in processing some permit applications.

To help the Environment Agency, anyone wishing to apply for a Site Permit can:

•Contact them 3 weeks before the fish are due to be stocked - 6 weeks if your water has a conservation designation (such as a SSSI);

•Think about what fish you want to stock - not just in the short term, but in the future too;

•For stillwaters, make sure your fishery is registered with the Fish Health Inspectorate at Cefas - you cannot be issued a Site Permit until the fishery is registered. This does not apply to rivers or canals;

•If, when you contact the Environment Agency on 01480 483 968, you get an answer-phone, please leave your details, including when you want to stock. They will get back to you.

This new process will bring many benefits in the long term. It will reduce the paperwork and costs to fisheries and fish suppliers and will allow the Environment Agency to focus more of its efforts on high risk and illegal activities - protecting our fisheries and the quality of angling in England.
Back to top Go down
New Live fish Movement Scheme
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
» drifter float what depth to fish at ???
» How long do pike live?
» How do you keep the fish you catch on your float tube? Questions about creel
» Where to buy live crayfish?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thames Anglers' Conservancy Members Forum :: Open Section :: News Board :: Angling Trust-
Jump to: